messy spectacles

Musings and meditations about God, Knowledge, Life, the Universe, etc.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

The Shape of Things

Okay, so I've been quiet for a while. Here's what's happening.

My dad's prostate cancer is back. Only it's not in his no-longer present prostate, it's in his spine. The presenting issue is that one vertebra had malignant growth to the point where he lost control of his legs. This is how we found out. However, there is "involvement" on three other vertebrae. So I've been on that journey.

As far as blogging is concerned, it's been a mixed bag. I can't tell you how many times I've thought, "I could SO blog about this," but it hasn't felt right. Not that I don't want to share, because there have been any number of sacred moments, but because I was/am afraid of turning this blog into a cancer diary. Bleh.

I'm only now starting to feel ready to juggle - to seek some balance here. Cancer-related entries will happen, be sure, but I've got other things to say and be heard on mixed in. The problem is, they're all trapped in my skull, percolating away in a big churning mess - a mess I can finally get to. So look for me to be back more regularly.

That is, if anyone's still bothering to check this... :-)

3 Comments:

  • At 12:08 AM, Blogger Grandma and Grandpa Benson said…

    I AM bothered . . . you and yours are in my prayers . . .

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Judith Hougen said…

    I'm still listening...may you find the hard stones on the path of this journey softened with glimpses of grace.

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger gloria said…

    you know what's really cool? I haven't checked your blog in waaaaay too long but I kind of don't have to because I get a nice dose of you twice a week. I LOVE that!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home