messy spectacles

Musings and meditations about God, Knowledge, Life, the Universe, etc.

Monday, September 19, 2005

A Ten-Minute Laughter Massage

A great professor is a wonderful thing. New to my schedule this year is Dr. Keith "Double-Shot" Jones. Okay, I don't actually USE the nickname, it's just my late-night, ham-handed way of telling you that I have two classes with him -- Shakespeare and Literature of Humor.

Beyond the fact that I'm pretty much going to get along with any prof who assigns The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, we've had some good chats.

So when I got to work tonight and found an email from Dr. Jones containing this link, I found myself collapsing with laughter -- a laughter that was more therapeutic for me than 14 consecutive hours of sleep. Take the tour, but be warned - you may never look at mackerel the same way again.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger Grandma and Grandpa Benson said…

    Another case of Abba . . . loving you too much!

    Bon-journo!

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger gloria said…

    I'm crying and my stomach hurts from laughing so much. Oh yeah, I spit on my screen a couple of times too.
    Ah, that was priceless! Can't wait to share this with Pete.

     
  • At 6:58 PM, Blogger Erin Bennett said…

    Oh my goodness. That was frightening and enjoyable and freaking funny all at once. I LOVE that you got it from a professor. Too much. :)

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Some of those pictures reminded me of what it looks like after a week of scraping leftovers into the garbage. Just scoop it out and mix it up with a jello mold. Mmmmmmmm. I can see how this would have been an effective weightloss program. One look at the food would make you lose your appetite altogether...

    I have to admit though, I did find the 'frozen coffee on a stick" to be a rather intriguing idea...

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger julie said…

    these were funny. i checked out the sites that were linked and laughed a fair amount, as well... i love this kind of stuff!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home