messy spectacles

Musings and meditations about God, Knowledge, Life, the Universe, etc.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Nothing deep today.

Well, I finished The Prophetic Imagination last night, only to realize it's probably one of them books I have to read like eight times before I'll really "get" it... I have all the windows and doors open at the moment in an attempt to get a lovely breeze rolling through the house, and I've realized it's time to start adjusting to sleeping with only one comforter instead of three. I'm not sure why, but in the fall, I never have an adjustment period switching back. Ah, well.

The spring cleaning impulse is on me again. I want to unload all my bookshelves and finish staining them, and then reorganize my library. I also want to do something brilliantly artistic with the junky shelf I have sitting out in the garage. As far as replacing the books on the shelves, order is not the issue -- spacing is. I know I'll be continuing to acquire and it's tough to predict which shelves will need more space and which won't. Ah. The agonies of life... :-)

Speaking of acquiring, I saw copies of the "MAUS" graphic novels on sale today and was SOOO tempted, but I knew that if I got them, I'd read them, and I really need to be working on unraveling the Marxist literary hermeneutic/epistemology so I can demonstrate how a biblical one encompasses and supersedes it in my research paper. I know, sounds like fun, but I'm actually really looking forward to it. Correction: I'm really looking forward to learning and understanding. I'm not looking forward to the actual amount of reading I'll have to do in the time frame alloted. Perhaps that's why Maus looked so very appealing.

The quiet, everyday, normal moments can be a pleasant break from the deep tensions -- provided, of course, it's sunny and 72.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger gloria said…

    I haven't been bloggin in about a week. It was great to catch up with you!

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger Erin Bennett said…

    Ah, yes. 72 and sunny. Where did that go?
    Where are you this weekend? I'm missing my tenor friend. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home