messy spectacles

Musings and meditations about God, Knowledge, Life, the Universe, etc.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Blogging epidemic

I write this post with great excitement, but also some mixed feelings. I now have eight friends (that I know of) who have started blogs here. That is AMAZING, since most of them are people I would spend far more time with if the vagaries of life permitted, and I get to interact with them here far more frequently.

I am also committing henceforth to blog a little something every day. For a class, I'm reading "If You Want to Write" by Brenda Ueland. Every writing book EVER talks about the need to write every day -- even if it's just a little, even if it makes no sense and is anything but brilliant or profound -- something. Every day. So I am going to start to use this venue as a way to do precisely that. Every day. (Sorry, but I have to keep telling myself that).

Those of you who stop by here may get bored or even (God forbid) baffled by my ineloquence, but I hope you'll keep coming anyway. Because my aspiration, my desire for this, is that it can in some way become sacred space -- liminal space -- a place where we can together be transformed in ways that none of us can separately. A place where I can set aside or chase down the thoughts of the day and have you come alongside me and leave me stunned with your brilliance and insight.

I want this to be a place where Jesus would feel at home. Every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home